New Delhi (11.08.2021): The NaMo administration on Wednesday affected a major bureaucratic reshuffle in the rank of Additional Secretary. The IAS, IRS & IA&AS officers reshuffled are:
- Amrit Lal Meena (lAS:1989:BH) was appointed as Additional Secretary (Logistics), Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry by temporarily downgrading the post of Special Secretary (Logistics) to Additional Secretary level. Presently he is working in the cadre.
- Sudhir Garg (lAS:1990:UP) was appointed as Additional Secretary, National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Presently he is working in the cadre.
- Jayant Sinha (IA&AS:1990) was appointed as Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Sanjiv Kumar (IAS:1992:UT) Executive Director (North), Food Corporation of India (FCI) was appointed as Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- Kamlesh Kumar Pant (lAS:1993:HP), presently in the cadre, was appointed as Chairperson, National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority, Department of Pharmaceuticals in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary vice Ms. Shubhra Singh (IAS:1989:RJ) upon her repatriation to cadre.
- Sanjay Garg (lAS:1994:KL), presently in the cadre, was appointed as Additional Secretary, Department of Agricultural Research & Education and Secretary, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- Ms Suman Sharma (IRS IT:1990) was appointed as Managing Director, Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (JS level) under the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy. Presently, she is Additional DGFT, Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce.
- Tanmay Kumar (lAS:1993:RJ) was laterally shifted/appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change. Presently, he is working as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Power. Kumar will also hold the additional charge of the post of Chairman, Central Pollution Control Board.
- Ganji Kamala V Rao (lAS:1990:KL) was assigned the additional charge of the post of Director General (Tourism), Ministry of Tourism. Presently, Rao is working as Chairman & Managing Director, India Tourism Development Corporation Ltd. (ITDC).
In addition, many Joint Secretary rank posts held by IAS officers, were upgraded (in-situ) to the level of Additional Secretary to the Government of India, as a measure personal to them:
- Shantmanu (lAS:1991:JK), Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles.
- Sanjay Rastogi (lAS:1991:OR), Development Commissioner (Handlooms), Ministry of Textiles.
- Sudeep Jain (lAS:1994:TN), Deputy Election Commissioner, Election Commission of India.
- Amit Kumar Ghosh (lAS:1994:UP) Joint Secretary, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.