Guwahati/New Delhi (17.07.2021): The Assam Government issued transfer and posting orders of six senior IPS officers in the state causing a minor bureaucratic reshuffle. They included:
- Dr L R Bishnoi (IPS:1991) has been posted as Special Director-General of Police (T&AP), Assam. Bishnoi has also been given the additional charge of the Office of Inspector General (IG) of Police (BTAD), Kokrajhar.
- Harmeet Singh (IPS:1992) has been given the post of Guwahati Police Commissioner with the additional charge of Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), Border.
- Munna Prasad Gupta (IPS:1995) has been appointed as ADGP, Vigilance, and Anti-corruption. Gupta will also hold the additional charge of ADGP, Administration and M&L.
- A Y V Krishna (IPS:1995) has been made ADGP, Crime Investigation Department (CID).
- Hiren Chandra Nath (IPS:1996) gets the charge of ADGP, SB, and the additional charges of ADGP, Special Task Force (STF), and ADGP, Security.
- Surendra Kumar (IPS:1998) has been given the post of IG, Modernisation, Planning & Coordination. Kumar also gets the additional charge of IG, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption.