The NaMo administration on Tuesday cleared over dozen of
appointments in Secretary level whereas a dozen of officers freshly empanelled to
hold Secretary/Secretary equivalent
posts in Govt of India. The complete goes as follows:
- Braj Raj Sharma (IAS:1984:JK) as Chairman, Staff Selection
Commission in the rank and pay of Secretary. Presently, he is Secretary,
Department of Border Management (MHA).
- Sanjeev Gupta (IAS:1985:HP) appointed (in-situ) as Secretary,
Inter State Council Secretariat, Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Sailesh (IAS:1985:AM) appointed as Secretary, Department of
Public Enterprises. He replaces Ms Seema Bahuguna who retired in September this
year. Presently, Sailesh is Secretary, Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- Alok Tandon (IAS:1986:UP) appointed as Secretary, Department of Administrative
Reforms and Public Grievances. In his new assignment he will hold the
additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Pensions and
Pensioners Welfare. Presently, he is in cadre and serving as Chairman Noida
- Sanjeev Nandan Sahai (IAS:1986:UT) appointed (In-situ) as Secretary,
Ministry of Power vice Subhash Chandra Garg (IAS:1983:RJ) upon his retirement
on 31.10.2019. Presently, Sahai is working as Special Secretary, Ministry of
- Pramod Kumar Das (IAS:1986:MP) appointed as Secretary,
Ministry of Minority Affairs vice Sailesh on his appointment as Secretary, DPE.
Presently, he is Special Secretary, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of
- Nagendra Nath Sinha (IAS:1987:JH), Chairman, NHAI, appointed as
Secretary, Department of Border Management (MHA) vice Braj Raj Sharma.
- Tuhin Kanta Pandey (IAS:1987:OR), presently in the Cadre, appointed
as Secretary, Department of Investment and Public Asset Management vice Anil
Kumar Khachi (IAS:1986:HP) on his repatriation to his parent cadre on personal
grounds with immediate effect.
- Pankaj Kumar (IAS:1987:NL) appointed as CEO, Unique
Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in the rank and pay of Secretary by
temporarily upgrading the post. Presently, he is Additional Secretary, Ministry
of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Rajesh Bhushan (IAS:1987:BH) appointed (In-situ) as Secretary
(Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat.
- Pravir Krishna (IAS:1987:MP)- MD, TRIFED in the rank and pay
Further, over a dozen of IAS officers belonging to 1987 batch
of IAS were elevated (In-situ) as Special Secretary in the rank and pay of
Secretary (GoI), in their respective ministries/departments presently serving
in the rank of Additional Secretary.
- Arun Singhal (IAS:1987:UP)- Special Secretary, Department of
Health and Family Welfare.
- V P Joy (IAS:1987:KL)- Director General of Hydrocarbons,
Ministry of Petroleum
- Sunil Kumar (IAS:1987:UP) - Special Secretary, Department of
- Talleen Kumar (IAS:1987:WB)- CEO, Government e-Marketplace
- Rajiv Ranjan Mishra (IAS:1987:TG)- DG, National Mission for
- Pradip Kumar Tripathi (IAS:1987:JK)- Establishment Officer, DOPT
- Raj Kumar (IAS:1987:GJ)- DG, ESIC
- Barun Mitra (IAS:1987:MN)- Special Secretary, Defence
- Praveen Kumar (IAS:1987:TN)- Special Secretary, Ministry of
New and Renewable Energy.
- Manoj Jhalani (IAS:1987:MP)- Special Secretary, Dept of
Heatth and Family Welfare
- Ms. Vasudha Mishra (IAS:1987:TG)- Special Secretary,
Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare
- Ms Leena Nandan (IAS:1987:UP)- Special Secretary, Ministry of
Road Transport and Highways