As many as seven posts of Secretaries have fallen vacant. Except the post of Secretary, Inter-State Council Secretariat, all vacancies were scheduled. Even as many officers belonging to the 1980 & 1982 batch wait for posting, all vacancies have been put under the additional charge of one officer or another.
Two reasons are cited. One is said to be the absence of the PM on account of his foreign visit; and secondly, some IAS officers of the 1982 batch are yet to be empanelled as Secretary – a process expected to be completed shortly.
- P K Malhotra Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs has been given the additional charge of the post of Secretary, Department of Legislative Affairs
- Anup K Pujari (IAS:1980:KN) Secretary, MSME, gets additional charge Secretary, Steel vice Rakesh Singh (IAS:78:PB)
- Anoop Kumar Srivastava (IAS:1981:AM) Secretary, Border Management (MHA), gets additional charge of the post of Secretary, Inter State Council Secretariat vice Praveer Kumar (IAS:82:UP)
- Ameising Luikham (IAS:1978:TN) Secretary, DPE, gets additional charge of the post of Secretary, Ministry of DONER
- Sanjay Kumar Srivastava (IAS:1980:UT) Secretary (Coordination) Cabinet Secretariat gets additional charge of Secretary, (Security) Cabinet Secretariat vice D P Sinha (IPS:79:TR) and Chairman, National Authority of Chemical Weapons Convention vice G S Sandhu (IAS:79:RJ)