Central Government has appointed four Governors and transferred two others, who had been appointed during the tenure of the previous UPA government. Vacancies, however, remain in Bihar, Assam, Telangana and Himachal Pradesh.
According to Rashtrapati Bhawan comminuque:
1. BJP leader from Odisha Draupadi Murmu has been appointed as the Governor of Jharkhand.
2. Former Assam chief secretary J.P. Rajkhowa (Rtd IAS:1968) as the Governor of Arunachal Pradesh.
3. Senior BJP leader from West Bengal Tathagata Roy as the Governor of Tripura;
4. BJP national executive member V. Shanmuganthan as the Governor of Meghalaya;
5. Lt. General (Retd.) Nirbhay Sharma, Governor of Arunachal Pradesh is transferred and appointed as Governor of Mizoram for the remainder of his term, which ends in 2018.
6. Dr. Syed Ahmed, Governor of Jharkhand is transferred and appointed as Governor of Manipur for the remainder of his term.